If you’re planning of going to China, have ever taken into consideration the idea of homestay? With the term, homestay is indicated a holiday or other period abroad spent staying in the home of a local family. But why choose a homestay rather than a shared room or dormitory?
1. Chinese Practice: Most importantly, living with a Chinese family requires you to practice your Chinese outside of the classroom. A homestay in china provides a complete immersion into Chinese culture. The students that live in homestays see a lot of improvement in their conversation and listening skills.
2. Personal Attention: a homestay will provide you with the personal attention you will need to make adjustments while living in China. Many host families have traveled a lot and understand what it is like to live in another country and speak another language. Homestay families also value the exposure to different cultures and perspectives.
3. Learn about Chinese culture and traditions: a homestay is a great way to meet Chinese people and learn about chinese culture and traditions. Students who choose a homestay in china learn in first hand all about Chinese holidays, traditions, foods, movies and music.
4. Trips and Outings: many families take students to the movies, shopping malls, sporting events, zoos, museums, and nearby attractions.
5. Safety and Space: a homestay will provide you with a safe and comfortable place to live with a lot more room and space than other options such as dormitories or apartments.
As you can see, choose a homestay has a lot of benefits both for your learning and your daily life. Nowadays find a family for the homestay in China is easy because more and more are embracing it, so you need to choose a family and start your journey!