Switching from a student visa to a working visa in china

working visa in china
  • admin
  • Visa
  • No Comments

Switching from a student visa to a working visa in china

Just imagine: you are in China with a student visa, you finally graduated and you find the job of your dreams but then you realize that you have no idea how obtain a working visa in china… Well, there is no need to desperate! This is the guide made for you!

Take the letter of invitation along with your student visa, passport, work permit or license, and ID to the Public Security Bureau. In some cases, you might be asked to leave the country and reapply for a different visa. Taking a short trip to Hong Kong can take care of this. In either case, the process is the same.

If you must leave, go to the Chinese embassy to reapply. Fill out the application you are given. You must do this in person. No applications are accepted by mail or over the Internet. Wait until you receive your new visa before doing any work. There are fines and possible expulsions from the country if you are caught working without the proper visa.

Switching your visa from one status to another requires some time and it’s not as easy as it seems. The first things you’ll need are your ID, passport, and student visa.

Then you must receive a letter of invitation from the company you wish to work for. No foreigners’ employment is allowed without proof that the company wants and needs you to be employed. You also need to obtain a work permit or a foreign expert’s license from the company for which you are going to work.

working visa in china
working visa in china

Apply for a residence permit at the Public Security Bureau when you receive your visa. This allows you to live in the country. There are several types of permits: permanent, temporary, and foreign resident

Permanent permits renew every 10 years and are difficult to get.  Temporary permits are for a length of time between six months and a year.  And foreign-resident permits are for one or two years, renewable annually.

As you can see, obtain a working visa in china when you already have another type of visa is not easy but not impossible. In the worst case, you’ll be asked to go to Hong Kong and apply for a visa from there. Just remember to not start working if you don’t have the proper type of visa otherwise you risk expatriation.

Author: admin

Leave a Reply